Psychopaths make a mockery of common sense and human decency every chance they get. If you know someone who laughs in the face of someone’s display of self-respect, morals, and accountability, you probably know a psychopath.
If you know someone who laughs at YOUR moral code, you’re probably being manipulated and gaslighted by a psychopath.
What can you do about it?
Well, the first thing you can do is stop making excuses for the psychopath’s mockery and criticisms.
The psychopath isn’t naive. The psychopath knows exactly what he/she is doing to you, which is: To make you second guess your worth and value system to spin you deep into a pit of self-loathing, self-hatred, and self-destructive thoughts and behavior.
What kind of person does that?
A person without a value system of their own. A person who feels threatened by the value systems of others, because those value systems impede the progress of his/her master plan to gain power and control.
And what kind of person is willing to destroy a human being in the name of power and control?
A psychopath, that’s who!
Psychopaths are real. They’re school bullies. They’re workplace saboteurs. They’re people you liked AT FIRST, because you thought they were brave and cool for being so honest. NOW you see their so-called honesty as nothing more than an UGLY display of disdain, rejection, and contempt for everyone and everything except themselves (and the current posse of lost souls hanging on the psychopath’s every word).
So it’s up to you. You can either:
1. Believe and give credit to the psychopath’s reckless opinions and point of view and become consumed with hatred, revenge, anxiety, depression, guilt, shame, and blame and later be diagnosed with PTSD and all the physical and mental health conditions associated with THAT.
2. Remain loyal to your moral code as you disconnect from the psychopath and continue discovering your authentic self beneath your layers of imperfection.
After all, your openness and receptiveness to accept and love yourself despite all your flaws is what makes you the unique and compassionate human others turn to for friendship, guidance and support
Dump the psychopath. Embrace yourself instead.
Latest posts by Paula Reeves-Carrasquillo (see all)
- THE #1 REASON YOU KEEP FALLING SHORT OF YOUR DREAMS - July 2, 2018
- FREE Meditation and Beauty Q&A Sessions this summer! - June 11, 2018
- How the bamboo forest creates MEDITATION MAGIC at Soleado #lavenderfarm #maryland - June 10, 2018