It’s Loving Kindness Wednesday!
You are unique. Your needs and desires are individual. Your path and direction will never align step-by-step with the path and direction of others. Nor will it align perfectly with any rigid plans or expectations you assign yourself or the “counsel” others may attempt to impose upon you.
It’s impossible to predict or know exactly who you will encounter or what hidden gems you may find along your path. But if you set out on your journey with a fixed agenda with no wiggle room, you run the risk of missing or dismissing what could potentially be the very person or experience you desire and can lead you to more amazing people and experiences.
To pack for your journey, all you need is yourself. Keep your heart and mind open to possibilities and not closed because of past conditioning or experiences. We all make missteps and find ourselves in less-than-desirable positions. But that doesn’t mean we have to surrender to the misstep or remain miserable in the aftermath of a crappy situation.
Surrendering to the bad only perpetuates more bad. Why would you want to create more of that in your life? You wouldn’t, so stop!!
You have the power inside of you to manifest and experience everything you seek: love, joy, peace, happiness, and freedom. Tapping into that power is as simple as meditating on your divine being and acknowledging that you are not just your body or your mind but an infinite, expansive and explosive ball of energy and light…you are the sun.
Once you accept this, your journey into your highest potential will begin. Although remaining detached from outcomes is vital to the momentum and forward movement of your journey, there are a few things you must expect of yourself:
1. Be honest with yourself and others while being true to your gut and intuition.
2. Act and think with integrity. From moment to moment, we are a representation of our thoughts and actions. Our thoughts and actions determine if we choose self-doubt or self-confidence. If the self-doubt creeps in, send yourself loving kindness and ask a close friend to send you some too.
3. Don’t expect others to care about your journey; they have their own sh*t to worry about. Being in-tune with yourself is hard enough; expecting others to be in-tune with your every heartbeat and breath is unrealistic. Embrace the nuggets of connection that do happen but don’t get discouraged when you recognize a disconnect even when it happens between you and someone whom you thought knew you so well. C’est la vie!
4. Mourn your losses and celebrate your victories but don’t wallow in defeat or get caught up in the trappings of your ego. Otherwise, you may miss the next opportunity!
5. Above all, never ever make a decision just to please others or to save them discomfort. More often than not, these types of decisions result in your displeasure and discomfort, which eventually leads to displeasure and discomfort for all. Just because you admire a person, doesn’t mean the steps that person took to get to where she is today are the exact steps you should take. Your gut speaks loudly and never lies; listen to it above all else. If advice from a friend doesn’t fit with your spirit, don’t be afraid to decline the advice. A true friend admires and honors you especially when you’re acting from a place of awareness and connection to spirit.
Latest posts by Paula Reeves-Carrasquillo (see all)
- Crissy’s Story – “I forgave myself AND the monster who almost took my self-worth.” - October 9, 2018
- Yoga and Meditation for Addiction, Depression, and Mental Illness - July 31, 2018
- THE #1 REASON YOU KEEP FALLING SHORT OF YOUR DREAMS - July 2, 2018